28th-30th March 2022
WHO IS OBSCURA FOR?
Perhaps you’re just starting out in the world of wedding photography or videography and looking to gain confidence, or maybe you’re already an established professional in search of fresh inspiration. If our style resonates with you and you’re looking to refine your storytelling techniques and achieve a cinematic aesthetic in your work, all we ask is that you’re open-minded with a desire to learn and improve.
Olivia, Dan and Toby met at a celebrity wedding they were independently hired to work on. Successfully navigating the challenges of that day and having a similar style and approach led to many more collaborations and, hopefully, many more to come!
Obscura is hands-on with limited places, so you’ll never be lost in a crowd of videographers or photographers vying for attention. We provide a creative and collaborative environment with plenty of opportunity to ask questions, as well as network, socialise and unwind with fellow attendees.
Our mission is to provide you with, not only the tools and techniques to make your brand a success, but capture the weddings you shoot in unique and thought-provoking ways.
What you'll learn
Over two days we'll be covering a range of topics
Through a series of mentoring sessions and live shoots on the the expansive wilderness of Dartmoor National Park, you’ll come away with a new found confidence, as well as skills, tips and ideas to execute at your next wedding.
We'll be guiding you through two live shoots with a real couple for added authenticity, providing you with a cache of exceptional content to add to your portfolio.
Photographers wanting to make the jump to video will gain insight into a new medium, and we'll be offering advice on how videographers and photographers can work harmoniously together on the wedding day.
Evenings in the snug guesthouse bar will be reserved for socialising and networking with your fellow attendees!
- 2021 -
- ESTD -
DARTMOOR NATIONAL PARK 28th-30th march 2022
- A primer on our cameras, lenses and equipment
- Workflow / Post-production
- Editing / Colour Grading
- Sourcing music / recording quality sound
- How to find and deconstruct suitable inspiration
- Lighting and cinematography methods
- Failsafe composition techniques to apply on the wedding day
- The principles of storytelling to achieve a well-balanced, compelling narrative with emotional depth
"Our mission is to help you craft stories with emotional depth, to provide you with the mindset to capture the weddings you shoot in unique and thought-provoking ways."
- Portrait shoot theory and techniques, to capture relaxed, subtle images with emotional depth and intimacy
- Help with managing, directing and posing on the wedding day, using real couples for authenticity
- Advice and guidance to reliably create images and video that capture natural emotion and genuine connection
CURATING YOUR BRAND
- How to define your style and achieve consistency in your work
- Marketing & SEO pointers to grow brand awareness
- Guidance on how to attract your ideal clients
- Tips on how to stand out and win business in a saturated market
OBSCURA WORKSHOP – 28th-30th march, 2022